I booked accommodation in Hobart for 2 nights, gave credit card details and received a ation. I was then advised by the accommodation owner that Booking.com had quoted and charged me for only one night and not 2 so I’d have to double the payment. I spoke to Booking.com who refused to honor their ed rate and payment. They stated I hadn’t actually been charged so we actually had no true contract. I have returned from my trip to find that I have in fact been charged for this cancelled accommodation. When I phoned booking.com they stated it could take up to 30 days to refund me for accommodation that they;
3. Refused to honor the rate that they set
4. Lied that I would not be charged.
I should be refunded immediately AND compensated for the time it has taken me to;
1. Speak to the accomodation provider
2. Speak with booking.com
3. Find alternative accomodation (nb- no reasonably priced accommodation was available by the time I was notified by booking.com and so I was forced to pay a premium at another location)
4. The time to now contact booking.com to discuss a refund
5. The time I expect to spend chasing a refund as I have NO CONFIDENCE that booking.com will in fact refund me.