I purchased the bread pudding on the afternoon of Friday 30th October, 2020 and decided to consume it early Saturday morning. As I’m eating it I literally wondered if this new product was an extension strategy of the company to salvage unused bread and biscuits so as to recoup costs and increase profits.
Lo and behold as I’m breaking it piece by piece and eating it, I discover the finger of a plastic glove in this product that I’m consuming for the first time….. Very disappointing!
The following considerations are extremely alarming to me:
1. Biting vs breaking – if I hadn’t broken the pudding piece by piece and put it into my mouth I would have definitely choked which could have the potential to be fatal.
2. Who consumed it – I usually purchase things for my four (4) year old niece and surprise her with whatever I purchased. I am so very glad that I did not give this to her as I would have to be answering to my sister and brother-in-law about any harm that could have potentially resulted from her consuming what was supposed to be a safe product produced in an environment where HACCP and ISO certifications provide procedural and other context.
3. Staff injury – was someone injured in the process of preparing this batch of products? Could part of someone’s finger be in that bread pudding?
4. Food borne illness – potential blood andor flesh loss from a Subway employee could result in food contamination and resultant illness.
With a finger of the glove neatly tucked away inside of my bread pudding (and God forbid blood and human tissue as a result of the breach) I consumed a contaminated product. Failure of the employee to report that their glove was broken in the preparation of a batch of product and failure to remove that batch from that which was offered to the public for sale is undoubtedly a breach of public safety, HACCP, ISO and GMP.
Whilst there is no evidence to suggest that at this time Covid 19 can be spread via food or consumption of varied food-based products prepared via various means, continued or rather increased precaution must be taken to ensure safety and preservation of life in this season.
Additional information can be provided and I still have the product in my refrigerator as evidence.
I can be contacted at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org