I am using Mastercard ( Emirates NBD titanium credit card) last one year perfectly. On 23 March, 2020 at 3.55am, unauthorized seven transactions by an amount of AED 685.59 each transaction happened from my credit card. Total sum of AED 4799.13 lost from my account and now liable with the bank.
When I wake up morning and I shocked, and immediately I called and blocked the card. I made a complaint in the bank (Emirates NBD Dispute ref. 142593350837). After few days, I got a reply from the bank, all transactions happened is valid, because of double secure authenticated transactions. They cannot do anything further.
The followings are my complaints against the bank.
1. As per Bank, the bank does not hold any dispute rights for the double secure authenticated transactions. I am firmly believing; my card is not kindness from the bank. I am paying on and my money too. So I am believing that banks should have responsibility on the security of their card. Otherwise, who is responsible? And How can I approach him for such unauthorized transactions?
2. As per Bank, the disputed charges are double secure authenticated transactions that can only be successful post authenticating the cardholder’s identity. To be honest, I didn’t make any transactions or I didn’t share OTP to anyone from myself. And the bank didn’t give me the details of those transactions like whose made? From Where? For What? As a customer, I am believing that is my right.
3. Bank has blocked the card immediately after those unauthorized transactions without my authorization or concern. It is showing, the bank was aware that those transactions were unauthorized or fraud.
4. For all my double secure authenticated transactions, I am always receiving OTP in my email and SMS. But for those transactions, I didn’t receive OTP in my email. So strongly believing, that email was going to another email id. The bank should be responsible for this. (Please check email and SMS screenshot in the attached document)
5. Now a day almost all transactions online. I am using a bank account, debit card, online banking, and credit cards. If the bank is not responsible for their security of the customer and security systems. I am really afraid on my all bank products. I lost trust in the system. Emirates NBD dealt with this as an ignorance style. As a customer, it’s really painful.
If it was a security patch of the bank, and If not bank recognizing this security patch, there is a chance to lost money from some other customer too.
It is a humble request to you to please take quick action on this matter as those transactions were unauthorized or fraud transactions. The enclosed copy of the credit card statement, email from the bank, the screenshot of email and SMS. I will be very thankful if you could support getting money back in credit card.
Thanking in anticipation
I will be very thankful if you could support getting money back in credit card.