I am filing an official complaint against the illegal business practices of the so-called First Progress pre-paid MasterCard – I am attaching their information for your reference.
At the end of July 2021 I relocated permanently to Europe and have consequently advised the afore-mentioned bank numerous times:
1. That I did not have forwarding address in the US
2. That I did not have any relatives, friends or relatives in the US
3. That I did not have a US bank account
4. That a friend of mine has helped me fund the initial $2000 deposit from his bank account and he has also made subsequent payments.
5. On 8302021 I have faxed them a request with very specific instructions as to how to close the aforementioned account and do a wire transfer to a designated account, in view of items (1) through (4). I was previously advised by one of their reps that they could do a wire transfer.
Subsequently, several of their managers advised me that:
1. They could not send me a VISAMASTERCARD overseas (only to the US and Puerto Rico)
2. They could not do a wire transfer, despite being told that other reputable banks that I have dealt with, in the past – Bank of America, Chase, Citi, to mention just a few, were always able to do a wire transfer to a designated account.
3. When I asked them – “how can I get back my $800 and change”, the totally nonsensical, callous and nonchalant answer was – “well, come back to the US”.
As if this ongoing nonsense were not enough, if you take a look at their statement, coming from supposedly a closed account, they want me to pay “only $100 minimal payment.
$1500 refund - see above